Traditionally, inhalation research has been conducted by assuming the subject’s respiratory minute volume based on body weight. This assumption’s large error range relative to the actual ventilation has led to large number of subjects required for an experiment, increasing the aerosol costs, technicians labor and unnecessary loss of life.
DSI is proud to offer live respiratory endpoints from each subject during exposure. The benefits are numerous:
- Real-time measured TV, Frequency, Minute Volume, etc. for each monitored animal
- Assessment of animal comfort level as aerosol exposure conditions change
- Breath morphology observations, as deep breaths will yield larger, deeper deposition
- Assess breathing pattern induction
- Monitor animal distress before it’s too late