Data Sciences International offers an annual agreement to become a beneficiary to DSI’s account with National Software Escrow Inc. The escrow account is maintained by depositing all released versions of the software.
Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
Enrolling as a beneficiary to DSI’s escrow account is an excellent step to complying with FDA requirements for disaster recovery. As a beneficiary, the user is insuring their intellectual property in the event the property can no longer be supported.
Becoming a Beneficiary
To become a beneficiary to DSI’s escrow account, please contact a Ponemah representative. Enrollment as a beneficiary will be set up for the period of 1 year, upon which the user can renew their agreement each subsequent year. Upon purchase of the Escrow Agreement, you will receive written notification from National Software Escrow Inc. that you have been added as a beneficiary to DSI’s escrow account.
National Software Escrow, Inc.
8225 Brecksville Road
Building Three, Suite 105
Brecksville, Ohio 44141
What is a Technology Escrow?
Services provided by National Software Escrow, Inc. protect the interests of both technology developers (DSI) and their clients (DSI users) who license their products. Escrow beneficiaries rely on vendors for technical support and maintenance. This dependency, especially if it involves software related to mission-critical business operations, exposes them to certain risks. If, for instance, a technology vendor went out of business or stopped supporting the license software for other reasons, the licensee would likely suffer considerable losses in revenue and productivity. A technology escrow agreement gives licensees the ability, under specific and controlled circumstances, to gain access to the source code needed to maintain the technology.
Benefits to Becoming a Beneficiary
As a beneficiary to the DSI software escrow account under this agreement, benefits will include:
- Protection of your intellectual property investment and greater assurance of the usability of your software and technology investment.
- Storage of intellectual property in climatecontrolled media vaults designed especially for storing electronic media.
- Protection from a bonded and insured escrow firm (National Software Escrow, Inc.).
- Technical verification of the deposit materials upon request.
- Receipt of account activity reports semi-annually and upon request.
- Support from a toll-free customer support line.
- Written notification that you have been enrolled as a beneficiary to the escrow account.
- Written notification of any updates to the escrow account.
- Ability to request an escrow deposit release or initiate a release request in the event that the vendor (DSI) should file for bankruptcy or cease doing business to support user’s intellectual property.
DSI products are not intended for the purposes of diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease, or used as a life support device. Use of DSI products are solely for the purposes of conducting life science research.